Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just say Thanks!

     Believe it or not Thanksgiving means more to me than eating really good food or running the turkey trot. Thanksgiving is about saying thanks and spending time with your family.
      Since I have been in college Thanksgiving has hands down become my second favorite holiday, first being Christmas. There is absolutely nothing better than getting a break from school, seeing your family, and of course eating sweet potato bars (my all time favorite dessert.) Even though the break is so short, I look forward to it every year.
      I would argue with anyone, and say that my family is by far the best one out there! When we all gather up for the holidays it is always filled with funny jokes, good food, and then a whole lot of regret after all the desserts are gone! Even after eating a whole pumpkin pie, I seriously think I get an ab workout after spending time with everyone because I laugh so much. I have such good memories from our holiday gatherings, that when I just think about making even more in 3 days it brings a smile to my face. To me that is what Thanksgiving is all about.
      This year will be the first year in my life that I have not spent Thanksgiving with my older sister, Brooke. It kinda upsets me that she is not going to be there to help me cook and then eat it all afterwards... hah just kidding Brooke it upsets me for more reasons than just those! It will be weird not to have one of the main people that I want to say "thanks" to this year not there. So, I am going to go ahead and say it now. Thank you Brooke for being one of the best sisters in the world! You help me each and everyday, sometimes I do not even have to talk to you I can just think of you, and it always motivates me to want to do bigger and better things with my life. You are an inspiration to us all, and we are all proud of you for making so many adjustments half way across the world. I wish you could be with all of us for Thanksgiving, but maybe we can skype with you at the table haha.
       Anyways, I absolutely can not wait to be home with the rest of my family! I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, and do not forget to say thanks to all the people that make your life special.

P.S The blog might be a little inactive for a few days, but I am home spending time with my family.... way to busy :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Nanners!!! I can't believe it either that we won't be spending t-giving together! You have no idea how many times I have considered that I should get a plane ticket to come home! I am gonna miss you! And everyone else...but u more than most sorry guys! I am so thankful to have you as a sister...I don't know what I would do without ya! Life would be definitely boring thats for sure...no funny or not so funny jokes via text randomly through out the day! I look forward to every text u send me...even if it is the shortest text ever and just says hi it means the world to me! I just love knowing you are taking the time and thinking of me...bc I sure as heck am constantly thinking about and missing u! I can't wait until I get to see you in almost a month!!! We can take fat cheek pics together woo hoo not! I am also quite upset I dont get to cook with u (do it all by myself while u sit and criticize) and then eat it all! You are gonna be on you own eating all of the edges ha! And I also am sad I will be missin out on the ab laughing workout...who am I gonna talk crap about over here?!? Perhaps the BK dude I guess...but thats no fun! I say we do try to set up at least a short skype session! Once u know what time you are eating at we will see if it will work out! Your blog best be inactive because you, mother, and haley are skyping me while you are all at home...well hales who knows she prob will be off who knows where! Don't have too much fun without me! I miss you soooo much and am so proud to call u my sister!!! You are the best Tara...in so many ways don't you forget it!!! Love u Nanners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops my comment is as long as your post ha! What can I say...I just miss ya soooo much!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good save making this about Brooke so it wouldn't seem like you were rubbing Thanksgiving dinner in our faces :)!

    -Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the luckiest mom in the world! This I am thankful for! Tara says it all for me too-my heart misses my girl!! Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...